Product Info Glycerin USP 99.5 %
Brand Southern Acids Industries SDN.BHD Malaysia. & Nimir Chemicals
Packing 250 KG Drum
Glycerin, also known as glycerol or glycerin, is a colorless, odorless, and viscous liquid. It is a trihydric alcohol with a chemical formula C3H8O3. Glycerin is derived from natural sources such as vegetable oils.
|Specific Gravity (25/25degC)||1.26183|
|Fatty Acids& Esters (0.5N Naoh)||ml||0.51|
|Acrolein, Glucose & Ammonium Compounds||PASS|
|Heavy Metals||ppm||: <5|
- Cosmetics and Personal Care Products:
- Moisturizers: Glycerin is a popular ingredient in moisturizing creams, lotions, and serums due to its humectant properties. It helps attract and retain moisture, keeping the skin hydrated and preventing dryness.
- Soaps and Cleansers: Glycerin is used in soap production to improve lather, moisturize the skin, and enhance the soap’s overall mildness.
- Hair Care Products: Glycerin is found in shampoos, conditioners, and styling products to provide moisture, smoothness, and manageability to the hair.
- Food and Beverage Industry:
- Sweetener: Glycerin is used as a sweetening agent in various food and beverage products. It provides a sweet taste without causing a significant increase in blood sugar levels.
- Humectant: Glycerin helps prevent food products from drying out by attracting and retaining moisture. It is used in baked goods, confectionery, dairy products, and processed foods.
- Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare:
- Oral Medications: Glycerin is used in pharmaceutical preparations as a solvent, excipient, or preservative. It is commonly found in cough syrups, liquid medications, and oral suspensions.
- Topical Preparations: Glycerin is used in ointments, creams, and gels as a humectant, emollient, and moisturizing agent to soothe and hydrate the skin.
- Industrial and Chemical Applications:
- Solvent: Glycerin is a versatile solvent that is used in various industrial processes, including the production of paints, inks, dyes, and resins.
- Chemical Intermediates: Glycerin serves as a building block for the synthesis of other chemicals, such as esters, polyols, and aldehydes. These intermediates are used in the production of plastics, polyurethanes, and other chemical products.
- Miscellaneous Applications:
- Tobacco Industry: Glycerin is used as a humectant and moisturizer in tobacco products, helping to maintain moisture levels and improve the overall smoking experience.
- Veterinary and Animal Care: Glycerin is used in veterinary medicines, animal feed, and oral care products for animals.